Re: using an ascii char in a program

Owen,

In Xy 3.55, I used to enter ASCII 10 into my programs all the time.

I just entered it into the program file by opening the program with CA
instead of CAP, (or pressing Scroll Lock), holding down ctrl-alt and
entering "10" on the keypad. I think I wrote a program to change ASCII 10
line ends to a standard ASCII 10 ASCII 13, a line feed plus carrier return.

If I want to search for it, I just have a line that says

BC SE /ASCII 10/ CR

where the "ASCII 10" is the character you get when you hold down ctrl and
alt, and then type 10 on the numerical keyboard.

If I'm feeling lazy, I get it through Long Help on the ASCII menu, and then
copy it wherever I want it to go.

If you really love ASCII 10, and there are people who do, you can put it in
the keyboard file, and make an ASCII 10 key on any programmable key.

Norman

At 03:42 PM 8/14/00 +1000, ohammond@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>Hiya people
>
>I apologise if this has been asked before - as I am only new to this list.
>
>Just a question involving the use of an ascii character in a program.
>
>What we are trying to do here at work is ,within a program, search for the
>ascii 10 character (the little circle in the air you can access thru
longhelp.
>Not just the character on its on, but on its own and within a string.
>
>Is there a way to enter this character in a program?? - or can u only
enter it
>into the command line
>
>Any help would be appreciated
>
>regards