Re: Tim Baehr's fax.pgm on macro key

Two ways to get a program file onto an alt+key combo:

nn=bx,r,u,n, ,f,a,x,.,p,g,m,q2

(where nn=key number. Sort of brute force, but saves memory.)

Put in Startup file:
ldpm fax.pgm,&f

and then I get a bit hazy. Don't have Xy here at work, so I can't look it up. You'll need to
double-check the syntax. But basically, you're loading a program (ldpm) onto a key (f in the example
above). I just don't remember whether it's @f or &f or something else.

A third alternative: If you have a U2 customization file, you can copy the entire program into the
customization file (with appropriate surrounding syntax) and give it a command, like ^^Fax. Then you
just hit F5 and type Fax.

I'm sure, since this *is* XyWrite after all, that you can devise several other dozen ways to do
this!

Tim Baehr