Re: Update on keyboard problem with Xy3 under OS/2

In article <199901112243.RAA25105@xxxxxxxx>,
Robert Holmgren  wrote:

  A reasonably competent flame.

It seems to me that my motives for posting what I did may have
misconstrued, and I'm probably partly to blame for that.

When I posted my original query to the list, I did so in good faith.
I had no reason -- then or now -- to think that your responses then
weren't also made entirely in good faith.

That being the case, I thought you might be interested to know that
your suggestion of renaming the shifting keys does not work in every
single case and on all systems. Here's where I apparently failed to
communicate: If I'd suspected you would take such information as a
personal affront, I certainly would have worded my post differently.
Or skipped it entirely; if you're happier not knowing that the issue
is perhaps more complex than you originally assumed, it's no skin off
my nose. Really.

As it happens, though, in the end you did manage to glean something
from my "zero content" posts, gibbering goober though I may be, so
perhaps things worked out for the best.

For the record, at the time of my original post last month I did
acknowledge and send thanks to you and -- I hope -- everyone else who
took the time to respond to my original query and offer suggestions.
If you (or anyone else who offered help) didn't get that, I'd be
grateful for the opportunity to resend it, because it was sincerely
meant. If on the other hand further ego-stroking sacraments were
necessary, perhaps you should have said so up front. It would
certainly have simplified things for a simpering idiot like me. I'd
be happy to offer such unction now, if that's what you want, though
truth be told it would probably ring a bit hollow at this point.

Can we put this behind us and move on?

--
Stephen A. Carter      High-Tech Information Center Nagoya, Ltd.
mailto:scarter@xxxxxxxx                Nagoya, Japan