Re: XyWin chokes on late-model HP deskjets--and a workaround

Robert Holmgren wrote:

Simply convert your TTF to a PostScript Type 1 font (using TTF2PT1.EXE), then use TYP. See this page for instructions: http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/typeinstall.html
Thanks a million. Actually, I have a Postscript font that, though it has a different name, LOOKS exactly like the TT one in question. But I simply haven't had time to revise POSTGHST.PRN to recognize it (you may recall that I formed the intention of doing it last year, shortly after you gave us TYP, and at that time you explained how to change fonts in POSTGHST); things have been insane here, with the new XP box at the office refusing to recognize the different paper-size settings on the LaserJet, and then the LJ's fuser got fried. Surprisingly, though, PageMaker 5.0 (it was still by Aldus then!), a Win 3.1 app, installed properly under XP. Patricia M. Godfrey