Re: XyWrite's future - NB 10 or something different?

Carl,
The immediate barrier, for me, to making the translator is inadequate knowledge of AutoHotkey scripting. When I look at what's on their Forum, I realize that there's a whole city out there, and I'm just playing around in the attic of one house in it.
And I'm loath to learn R.E., which I'd have to use rather than Xy's
(sometimes quirky) wildcards. But I probably have to--not just to make a
translator, but or many purposes.

Harry
Harry,

> what's really needed is a translator from XPL (or from my own
> creation, XyBasic) to AutoHotkey's language (which is based on
> AutoIt).

You've made me a big fan of AutoHotKey, and as you know I've
integrated the scripting language into Xy4+U2 as a highly useful
adjunct to XPL, but I'm skeptical that any meaningful "translation"
from XPL is possible. Happy to have you prove me wrong, however.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx