WordPort 6.0 under Windows 3.1

Forgive the non nb/xy question. Has anyone successfully run Wordport 6.0 under
Windows 3.1? If so, would you share your pif settings or other tricks. Wordport
is accessible to me via a special file directory on my network. I can run it
from dos, but if I try to do it from windows I fail. The Lan administrator says
that Wordport needs to have Lower
Memory disabled. How can I do that? (I am using the DRDOS memory manager
optimized for windows.)

Hints or suggestions welcome.

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560 i:
nassh100@xxxxxxxx; b: nassh100@sivm; CServe: 71461,1115
      tel 202/357-2828; fax 202/786-2947