Re: Something special about Ctrl+Shift+C?

Reply to note from Nathan Sivin  Fri, 7 Nov 97
14:38:41 +0000

-> I'mm catapulted back to DOS when I do ctrl-C in XY. Turning
-> BREAK off (I set it in CONFIG.SYS) doesn't affect it.

Unless you want this "feature", the simplest way to avoid it is to
assign a XyWrite function to Ctrl-C (and Ctrl-Shift-C, etc.) in the
keyboard file. The minimalist assignment is "No operation", i.e.,
do nothing, prefaced with a func NI to insure that the keystroke is
DOS-insensitive.

46=NINO

However, there's no reason not to assign this key a useful function.
For example, for a more graceful exit from XyWrite (in lieu of the
crash-and-burn variety):

46=NIBX(,q,u,i,t,)

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx