ANNOUNCE: xyWrite/NotaBene for Windows xpl Web assistant

Good news if you tag html and you use the Windows
release of xyWrite or NotaBene. The xyWrite 3
!xyWWWiz one-pass !BetterThanAverageTaggingTool
now also is a standalone port to xyWin and nbWin.

To insert an html beginning and end tag, tap your
!BetterThanAverageTaggingTool key at the beginning
and end of a text block you want to tag. For
non-container tags, block a designated value--
for , e.g., the src= value. If the tag has
attributes, the tool prompts you through them
and inserts attribute names and values--or not.
Your choice. !BetterThanAverageTaggingTool also
can embrace blocks with natural pairs of iso8859
entities ", </>, and euroquotes.

!BetterThanAverageTaggingTool does some non-block
operations too. Of course it inserts commonly
used iso8859 entities like & and
as well as
. For proofing, !BetterThanAverageTaggingTool can command your browser to render the page you're working on as readily as it tags. Where appropriate, !BetterThanAverageTaggingTool offers to insert hex values for any of the Web's safest 16 colors. To extend your choice to the other 200, the program can tell your browser to display the !xyWWWiz WWW-Safe HTML Color Chart. The two-way rainbow reference is zipped with each release. Some of these features also are new to the XyW3 !xyWWWiz !BetterThanAverageTaggingTool, which has two features the Windows version lacks: With the tap of a key, when the page is ready to upload the module can convert newlines to linefeeds and save the page stripped of the xyWrite-imposed ascii eof marker. The XyW3 release also can in effect drag the name of a url target or img src= file into the tag. If you use xyW3, see news at the site too about the !4www xyW codes->html tags converter. Leslie Bialler shared a small, ingenious tagging macro with me a few years ago that was xpl, but looked to me like a kbd macro. Messing around with it made me rethink xyWrite and tagging from the ground up. !BetterThanAverageTaggingTool is the result. My adaptation of Leslie's macro, as it has evolved, is also part of both packages. Tagging can hardly get more effortless than this, and you forfeit the xyWrite engine's power only while taskswitched to your browser. For more info and to download this very simple and fairly thorough xyWrite 3/xyWin/nbWin xpl Web assistant, visit the url in my sig. If you try the xyWin/nbWin port with xyDos4, please let me know if it works with that release too. ... Ciao. --a ======================================= adpFisher nyc xyWin+nbWin+xyW3 !xyWWWiz Web assistants + xyWrite 3 supplements !xyWise and !xyWiz + Wolfgang Bechstein's seafaring adventures: http://www.escape.com/~yesss/ ========================================