Re: Need new keyboard

Lisa,
A contrary view from one who for decades used expensive keyboards with programmable, fcn keys on the left. I've owned and tried them all--Omnikey, Northgate, Avant Stellar, ProKey, MaxiSwitch (some of these are the same things under different names).
But I've now given up and joined the happy herd. I use cheap USB keyboards.
I'm typing this on a plastic Logitech. I've come to accept the lousy touch
response and bottoming out. But I couldn't give up programmability, and I
now get that through the spectacular, unbeatable AutoHotkey program. Much
superior to programming the keyboard itself. And it's free.
I'd love to have fcn keys on the left again, but I don't use fcn keys all
that much anymore (and with XyWrite you can use any combo of shifted keys
to do what you used to do with fcn keys).
Of course, if someone finds a great keyboard with USB, I'd love to know
about it.

--Harry
My avant stellar keyboard is acting up. Before ordering a new one, I wonder if anyone can recommend a cheaper keyboard that has function keys on the left (and is programmable).

Thanks in advance,
Lisa

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx