Re: Need new keyboard

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Thu, 02 Apr
2009 17:12:16 -0400

> But I've now given up and joined the happy herd. I use cheap
> USB keyboards.

Me too, a long time ago. My only requirement is that the blasted
thing not CLICK. A soft clacking sound, however -- like this
http://users.datarealm.com/ammaze/xfer/dellkbd.wav (a bit of me typing
this message) -- is desirable, as is an "al dente" action that's
not mushy, but not too firm either. Fortunately (for me), the out-
of-the-box, $0.00 Dell keyboard fits the bill.

> (and with XyWrite you can use any combo of shifted keys to do
> what you used to do with fcn keys).

Agreed; I hardly ever touch the top-row keys in XyWrite. I moved
all of those functions to the NumPad decades ago.

All of which is, of course, de gustibus, and none of which helps
Lisa.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx