Re: Mastersoft Filters Resurface

Tim and K-Mac,
  (catching up on the list now that a deadline has passed)

> The only translation path that worked was for me to save to IBM
> RFT:DCA. Those files looked very good in Quick View Plus, save

>Conversions Plus still does a good job at actual file conversions but alas
>lacks a Xy filter. My work-around is to convert to WordPerfect 5.1 (DOS) in
>either direction as an intermediary (MasterSoft for Xy to WP and back;

You might want to check out a DOS program called VIEW. From its doc file,
with a couple notes in brackets:

VIEW [Oct. 11, 1998] is a file viewing utility for DOS.
It allows you to view and print [and convert] the following formats:
  - Wordperfect versions 5.0 to 7.0
  - Word for Windows versions 1.0 to 6.0, and 97
  - Word for DOS
  - Ami Pro
  - Wordstar
  - Windows Write
  - Windows Notepad (which uses the ANSI character set)
  - Microsoft Publisher
  - Rich Text Format (RTF)
  - ASCII files
  - ANSI files
  - UNIX files
  - World Wide Web HTML tagged files
  - ClarisWorks (basic support only)

View is shareware available (for $30, if you like it) at:
http://mdrury.hypermart.net/
from
Malcolm Drury, Nepean, ON, Canada

I have used it so far only for Word and RTF. Seems to work fine, at least
under OS/2.

  -otis
Business Week