Transition to Xy4--better late than never

Thank you to Carl and others who patiently explained the difference
between measurement defaults in Xy4 and Xy3+. I had been having file
conversion problems everytime I tried to use Xy4. Finally fixed Xy4
defaults to mirror Xy3+ and find I can use all my old files directly in
Xy4 without going through any conversion. Another plus is that the
printer driver works better with my HPDJ 842c.

The biggest problem had been the difference between offsets--standard
in Xy4-- and use of left and right margins in Xy3+.

I also found I could load my 3+ savget file in Xy4. It works quite
well, though at some point I will have to do some tweaking. As I must
do to the out-of-the-box Xy4-3.kbd file, which I'm adapting--with the
help of Tyson book (THANKS to all who helped with that!).

I've renamed the editor.exe files in both Xy3 and Xy4 so I don't get
confused beween the two--thanks all for answering that question in
advance.

Xy4's command stack, plus ability to print macro files are very
appealing. I also look forward to exploring U2.

Questions:

1. I have Xy4 4.016. Is there any advantage to getting the newest
version? If so, where can I get it?

2. How much memory do I need for U2?

3. The conversion filters so far seem worthless, as I cannot produce
formatted versions of files that look decent in Word. I'm still forced
to use an old program SoftwareBridge to convert from Xy3 to old version
of Word for Dos, which newer versions of Word read fairly well--alas
not perfectly. Any suggestions?

Now, if I could only get all this stuff to work in NBWin--which is
deciding factor in whether my next laptop is XP-based or a MAC.

Thanks to all,
Lisa

=====
Lisa Kleinholz