Re: Y2K bug in DATE?

> My version of Xywrite is III  version 3.56
> When I tried Carl's suggested command in the startup.init file, it didn't
> work

As I said in my private reply to your private message, default DZ is only for
XyWrite 4 and later.

In Xy3 the default date format is invariable (I believe it's Mmmm d, yyy[y]),
so it's necessary to add a date mask to the DA command every time:

DA dd-mm-yyyy

The final "y" in the year mask can be omitted; it still produces a 4-digit year.

For speed, you can save the embedded command <> (i.e., the
*result* produced by the command) to a Save/Get key or assign the command via
the KBD file:

nn=BCd,a, ,d,d,-,m,m,-,y,y,y,XC,CH

--
Carl Distefano