Re: wilcard errors

Adriano Ortile:

>On my XyWin, the conversion between "lone return" to "return-line feed" is
>easy, but I cannot do the vice versa (return-linefeed back to lone return).

I don't think you can do this with Xy. For this and miscellaneous other
purposes, I use a utility called SNR. I'm not keen to talk about it here
as I have already done so, ad other people's nauseam. (I'll say a bit more
in private mail if you like.)

For shareware, SNR has in the past been surprisingly difficult to locate on
the Internet. The last time I looked, it was available on one of the
rather idiosyncratic pages (whose addresses tended to change) of Adam
Twardoch. Luckily Twardoch isn't such a common name, so a search on Hotbot
or similar for the exact phrase "adam twardoch" should get it for you.
Peter Evans