Re: OT diagnostic diskette

At 08:02 AM 9/25/2006, ac127 wrote:
Hi, somebody knows a good diagnostic single-floppy
software able to
identify a pc hardware (cpu, ports ram, usb etc..)
Michael Norman wrote:
Try http://www.gtopala.com/
I used to use something called Astra; it runs from a floppy, which PCI, Belarc Adviser, and Sandra don't (they have to be installed, or so I thought, but I see from Jordan's later post that there's a version of PCI that should run from a floppy), but its licensing scheme is crazy. And the freeware version won't let you print a report, so you have to jot down what you're seeing on the screen. Better than nothing. If gtopala doesn't pan out and you cannot find Astra on line (it may have died), let me know and I'll see if I cannot dig up a copy here; at one point I had half a dozen copies. -- Patricia M. Godfrey PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx