Re: OT: DOS booting

At 05:25 AM 9/25/2006, Harry wrote:
http://www.raxco.com/products/fdisr/
Wow, looks very interesting. Have you used it? BTW, it solves only half the problem: "NTFS file system. FAT16/FAT32 is not supported." I can probably find some other way to get the FAT16 support I need.
No, not yet, Harry, but I like the option of just keeping a snapshot of the OS. I'm a little confused about why you'd need FAT on the partition that holds XP. I understand you want to be able to boot from a floppy/CD to DOS because...well I lost that part. Anyway I'm still reading about FAT versus NTFS. If you've burned an image of HD and you've also got a snapshot of your OS and you're regularly backing up your data/pics and so forth to hard media, seems like you be covered three ways to Sunday. Michael Norman