Re: Screen Lengths

--- "Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:

> Harry Binswanger wrote:
> > because I get rid of the ridiculous ruler line.
> > Who uses those ruler lines today, anyway?
> >

> Moi.

et Moi. With the Page - Line indicator turned on, we
can be informed that we're on line 42 of page 3, but
what quasi-numerical guide do we have (rough though it
may be) of our relative horizontal positioning ? No,
wait, don't tell me -- some nice gizmo in U2 that I
haven't managed to notice . . . ?

> I absolutely cannot imagine visual
> things. I don't
> even see pictures when I dream. I'm totally
> verbal--and words to
> me a subaudible sounds, not images on a page. So I
> need rulers,
> and all sorts of visual aids like that. We're all
> different.
> --

Then I guess you were never a good candidate for the
Mac paradigm. Me neither. (Even Windows is probably
more GUI than I need.)

 Jordan