RE: XYCONS at XyWrite.com

Thanks, Patricia. It does rather sound as though the Vista icons are good. I'm glad. I like that IconSushi app.

-B

-----Original Message----- From: Patricia M.Godfrey

Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Patricia, did you try using one of the new "Vista" icons I added to the
> zip files on the site. Each zip now has the original icon, its BMP, and
> a (supposedly) "Vistable" version.

Yes, I did, and the plot thickens. If I try to assign one of
those icons to, e.g., the shortcut to a folder on my drive (say
d:\xyinfo, where I keep all the list posts), it works fine. If I
try to assign one to editor.exe itself, Apply stays grayed out
and OK has no effect. So it looks as if BBBG won't let you put a
nice icon on the shortcut to a DOS app. I need to find some other
DOS apps (and dBase doesn't work even under W2K) and see what one
can do with them. Have to wait til I get home.

But this seems to indicate that it's not the icon format, but the
app one is trying to assign it to that's the problem.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.