Re: looks like I've been hijacked

Robert Holmgren wrote:

Humbug. Look, one main trick with Windows installers is to
ALWAYS pick "Custom" installation instead of "Complete" (or
whatever the options are). Custom, by default, will be
identical to Complete
Aha! I rather think I tried that back in 9x days and ended up
with a crippled install. (But then, we know what 9x was.) Many
thanks. Next time I have to do an install or reinstall (which
should be sometime soon with my XP Home desktop), I'll try it.
But the real problem was WordPerfect, which kept putting
duplicate directories, one where I told it, one in C:\Program
Files\Corel\, and then getting confused about what was where. And
I really need WP: Open Office Write is missing a lot of things I
need.
(Outlook is one nasty
program, IMO.

Yes. And targeted by every cracker in cyberspace.

BTW, there are 16Gb USB thumbs now on the market.

Yes, and my four 1 G ones have disappeared, so I may have to get one.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx