RE: search problem

Judith,

I'm assuming you're missing stuff like "IN:" or "IN." Instead, try searching
with the "wildcard separator" function call. The call is "WS" and it's the
complement of the call for the wildcard alphanumeric character WA, i.e., it
stands for any character *except* an alphanumeric (including space,
punctuation, Greek characters--but not other European language
characters--I'm now quoting from Tyson's book, page 185).

Open your keyboard file and enter WS after the key number in the table
corresponding to the keystroke that you want to use to call the function,
thus:

##=WS

You might find it's already assigned to Alt+Shift+s or Ctrl+Alt+s, or some
such. Then, when you press that key in the search command, you'll get a
reverse video "S" (again, assuming your screen display is "out of the box")
in your search command. Thus your command is:

se /[the key that calls WS]IN[the key that calls WS]/[enter]

Unless I completely misunderstand your problem, that should find the
instances you're looking for.

Peter Brown
pbrown@xxxxxxxx