search problem

When I search for IN as a stand-alone word, as in se / IN /, the search
misses about 40 percent of the instances. U2 misses them too, but I'm
not sure I'm doing that right.

Including spaces in the formula causes search to miss other words also,
but IN is a special problem since (a) I use it on huge projects to check
how many interviews I've completed and how many are outstanding, and (b)
searching without spaces, as in /IN/, also gives every instance of the
letters within words and names, and there are tons.

Anyway, I use Xydos 4.018 on Dos 7.1. My Windows is 98v4.10

Any ideas?

thanks

Judith Davidsen