Re: Save selected DF block to file without EOF marker?

Reply to note from Russ Urquhart  Tue, 14
Sep 2004 21:05:21 -0500

> I'm using the savesel to save a defined block to a text file
> that i use to feed to another program. The savesel, however,
> appears to put the EOF (26) marker and some other xytext at the
> end of the clip. Does anyone know of a way to do the savesel
> without the junk appearing at the bottom of the file?

The culprit is probably Document Information. Issue VA/NV IO. If the
value reported is 1, Document Information is enabled. To disable it
(permanently), CAll SETTINGS.DFL, SEarch for "df io=" and change the
value to 0. Then STore SETTINGS.DFL and LOAD SETTINGS.DFL.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx