Re: Problem Running XyDOS under Win XP

Thank you, Carl. I should have mentioned that I'm using a new laptop (an HP model), and an external keyboard (an Avant Stellar, connected to the computer with a TrippLite PS2-to-USB converter, which the keyboard company recommends as giving no problems to any of its customers, and which gave me no trouble before I installed XyWrite). When the keyboard starts behaving in a funny way, I find that the laptop's own keyboard behaves exactly the same way. Combined with the fact that no other programs experience the keyboard problem, it really doesn't seem as if the keyboard itself is the problem.
Have you tried unplugging the USB and then plugging it back? I've found
this is necessary even with the Avant Stellar and the PS2-to-USB converter.
But if you are scared by the lack of a save, don't be: all you have to do
is define some keys.
Probably ctrl-S is already "bx,sa,q2" or "bc,sa,xc" but if you need another
Enter key, just define one:
nn={13}
where nn is the number of the key you select and {13} is the ascii-13, the musical note.

And, while you're at it,
nn=xc
will give you another F9, on whatever key you want. Personally, from WordStar days, I like ctrl-L as an additional F9.
The configurability of the .kbd file is one of the reasons you want
Xywrite, right?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx