Re: Tool for vDos(-lfn)

Carl,

I tried this out, with mixed results. It seems that I have to use
dos/nv/x/z first and that I have to be logged into the vdos-lfn directory.
Then it opens another instance of XyWrite (rather than quitting and
relaunching the current one).

It couldn't find consola.ttf even though it's in c:\dropbox\vdos-lfn\fonts\

--Harry

Yesterday's discussion about restarting a vDos-lfn session on the fly gave me an idea: vDosSet.exe. It might come in handy from time to time. You put vDosSet.exe in your vDos-lfn or other vDos directory. It allows you to launch a vDos-lfn session with modified config settings, without first editing config.txt. You put the modified settings on the command line as an argument; each setting is separated by a semi-colon. For example: vDosSet.exe lins=43; cols=100; font=consola vDosSet.exe backs up your config.txt, then temporarily modifies it to substitute or add the settings you specify on the command line. All the other settings for the vDos-lfn session remain as you have them in config.txt. Upon launching vDos-lfn, vDosSet.exe restores your original config.txt. vDosSet.exe is a compiled AutoIt script. Download here: http://users.datarealm.com/ammaze/xy/vDosSet.zip Source code here: http://users.datarealm.com/ammaze/xy/vDosSet.au3.txt -- Carl Distefano cld@xxxxxxxx