Re: Tool for vDos(-lfn)

Harry,
I tried this out, with mixed results. It seems that I have to use dos/nv/x/z first
Don't know what you mean by this. You always need the DOS command to
launch an external program from XyWrite.
and that I have to be logged into the vdos-lfn directory.

Yes. I should have noted this.
Then it opens another instance of XyWrite (rather than quitting and relaunching the current one).
The *purpose* is to launch another instance of XyWrite (with different
config settings), not to quit the current instance. If you just want
to quit and restart XyWrite, you don't need vDosSet.exe. Just start a
new instance of vDos-lfn.exe *before* you quit; you may also want to
run U2's CLRW to make sure that open windows are closed in an orderly
fashion:

BX c:Q2 ;*;
BX cd \dropbox\vdos-lfnQ2 ;*;
BX dos/nv/x/z /c start.exe vDos-lfn.exeQ2 ;*;
JM 2.clrwQ2 ;*;
BX quitQ2 ;*;
It couldn't find consola.ttf even though it's in c:\dropbox\vdos-lfn\fonts\

Path problem, probably. Is the fonts dir in the DOS path in autoexec.txt?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx