NB

For those experimenting with NB, here's a NB users site with some useful information, particularly about the keyboards. Turns out you can not just load your XyDos keyboard and away you go. I tried it, and after a few key strokes, nothing worked as mapped. If fact the thing went kaflooey. So I've sent a note to their tech support (I bought the program) and I'm going to try to map a few keys at a time on their nb.kbd, using charts supplied in the site below and our own kbd file and diagram. The first problem for me is the define keys, which on my XyDos is F1. I can define a block of text, but when I move the cursor I lose the define, perhaps a consequence of trying to make a Win program behave like a DOS program. We'll see. I've also joined the NB list and will, from time to time, relay their posts here if questions here call for them.

http://users.moscow.com/rpenticoff/nb/index.htm

Michael Norman

Michael Norman
Associate Professor
Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
New York University
10 Washington Place
New York, NY
212-998-7864