Re: Memory "leaks"

In <3.0.32.19961030153802.0072d268@xxxxxxxx>, on 10/30/96
  at 03:38 PM, Peter Knupfer  said:

>The memory/CPU monitor confirmed a point made here
>recently: XW hogs it all the minute it's loaded.

An analogous thing with xy4dos can happen under OS/2. The CPU part anyway.
but most of that is actually false reporting by the typical cpu monitor. Xy
seems to poll the keyboard a lot and these cpu monitors misinterpret that.
There are various settings for os/2 VDMs that can ameliorate things and
maybe they have analogs in the Windows world. One is to not allow Xy to run
in the background. I change this back and forth depending on whether I want
Xy running a print job whilst I do something in OS/2. Other than that
turning off background running is fine (and with the spooler in play it
never really takes very long for Xy to be done printing, as far as it
knows). There are two other settings that change the priority allocation
depending on idle time--the help button in the settings notebook explains
those pretty well. Again, maybe there's a Windows analog and that can help.

auerbach@xxxxxxxx