Re: Autoexec.nt commands

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Carl wrote:
unless you're noticing an excess of disk (swap-file)
>> activity, which you might experience if you keep many
programs open at a time.
Apropos of pagefile.sys, recall Robert's advice to set maximum
and minimum size to 1.5 X your RAM and to put it elsewhere than
on C:. I have found that an enormous help on 98SE systems, which
are prone to hanging on shutdown: hardly ever do it after that it
set.
I did come across a paper of Microsoft's that seemed to say
(didn't read it carefully: I was at the library and in a hurry)
that that was only advisable 1) if the other drive was a real
other hard drive, not just another partition; and 2) if the
pagefile.sys was in addition to your regular one on C: Which
seemed weird, to say the least.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx