Re: Autoexec.nt commands

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Carl Diistefano wrote:
Poppycock! They all work; some of them (FOR..IN..DO, SET, others) have "extensions" that make them significantly more powerful than they were under DOS. Here's a list of commands: http://www.ss64.com/nt/
Looks great, but how do you run them? I tried CHOICE in a .BAT file under 4DOS and under CMD.EXE, neither recognized it. In fact, CMD.EXE reported: "'choice' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
My book on XP (David A. Karp, Tim O'Reilly, & Troy Mott. Windows XP in a Nutshell. O'Reilly. 2d ed. Feb. 2005) says this: Choice The choice command found in earlier versions of Windows is no longer supported in Windows XP. The set command with the /p option is a suitable replacement. (p. 435) Never mentions the reskit--typical! -- Patricia M. Godfrey PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx