Re: CP437 Routine

** Reply to message from cld@xxxxxxxx on Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:55:22 +0000

> How do I insert the highlighted character
> in the text? Hitting the enter key inserts the character on the command
> line... rather than in the text.

There's a basket of routines -- CP437, CP850, CP1252, CPLOW, FOREIGN,
GREEK/MATH, LINES, PATTERNS, SPECIAL -- that work similarly: they put the
selected character where you want it. The principle is: If you launch with
cursor on CMline (what you are repeatedly doing), they go on CMline.
Whereas... (can you guess?) launch with cursor in text, they go in text!!!
(One man's obvious is another man's obscure, I guess... *All* of our character
and string handling routines work the same way: the location of the cursor at
launch *is* the target position.)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx