RE: Windows registry cleanup tools - addendum

(I should have added this to my previous email.)

	There is also no substitute for software with install/uninstall
programs that do a good job of installing and removing registry entries
correctly. Unfortunately, this is the exception more than it is the rule.

	Lots of software uninstall routines leave a considerable amount of
rubbish in the registry; to the user the application just disappears. It is
this kind of sweeping the dirt under the rug that hard disk and registry
cleaners are needed to remove.

	FYI: A good application uninstall program will offer two kinds of
uninstall modes; namely automatic and custom (or advanced.) Automatic will
just remove the application, but will leave a lot of program libraries and
configuration setting on the system so the application can be reinstalled.
Advanced will usually remove modules that are not being used by other
applications, or display them and ask you to confirm with a "yes/no" option.

	Hope this helps explain the need for registry cleaners that help you
with the "loose ends."

		Phil

Philip D. White,
Senior Information Architect
University of Houston, CASA Testing Center

Phone: (713) 743-4135
Fax: (713) 743-8630
Email: pdwhite@xxxxxxxx