OT: Re: Windows registry cleanup

--- Flash  wrote:

> (Symantec) is also one
> of the worst for leaving its own traces on the
> Registry even after it
> has been ostensibly uninstalled.

Indeed -- like the shards of their antivirus product
that are almost impossible to get rid of. (One of
several reasons I switched to the free AVG.)

> In fairness to Microsoft, I don't think it is really
> Windows' fault
> that the Reg tends to get cluttered

Well I sure do. Their Registry is one of the worst
things ever designed in the information age. It's a
humongous, labyrinthine, unmanageable (except by IT
wizards) monstrosity. Give me a true modular
object-oriented OS, any day ! There is a "Registry"
of sorts in OS/2 | eCS, but it is negligible in
comparison. The decentralized approach vests all that
stuff (far, far less of it, though) in the individual
program objects.

Jordan