Re: Renewing XP support [was Re: W2K issues; hitherto unknown SP 5 [was Re: W2K - Harry has it!]] -header In-Reply-To: <5431d5d3.e618b40a.6c95.4924@mx.google.c

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Mon, 06 Oct 2014
00:35:36 +0100

Bill,

> I believe the Python people are approachable and that they
> would help.

You were right. I got quick and helpful replies to my post. Turns
out that Python v3.2 is the last version that works with W2K (v3.4.1
being the latest stable release). I installed v3.2.5 tonight, and my
"XyPy" routines work like a charm.

One of the Pythonista replies suggested that I run OS/2 in VBox and
run Python under that. He said there's someone out there who stil
maintains Python for OS/2. Interesting idea, though it may have be
filed under "Ars longa, vita brevis". (Then again, maybe not.)

I must say that full-screen Xy4 under W2K is a pleasure to use.
Really fast. And now that I've got XyMail, Firefox and a PDF reader
working, I'm a happy camper.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx