Re: Renewing XP support [was Re: W2K issues; hitherto unknown SP 5 [was Re: W2K - Harry has it!]] -header In-Reply-To: <1412549452.38816.YahooMailNeo@web181406.

Reply to note from J R FOX  Sun, 5 Oct 2014
15:50:52 -0700

Jordan,

> This is just my opinion, but Adobe Reader became obtrusive
> bloatware quite some time ago. I tried Foxit for awhile, but
> found some reasons for bailing on them. Two free and good
> alternatives are Sumatra PDF, and PDFXChange -- both also
> available in fully portable versions.

I used Foxit under WXP and liked it well enough. I ran across
Sumatra yesterday when I was Googling PDF readers for W2K, and
almost downloaded it, but there was something about the download
site that didn't inspire confidence. I do very much like the idea of
a "portable" PDF reader.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx