Re: convert _ _ to ital etc.

At 12:03 PM 9/22/01 -0400, Bill Troop wrote:
>My xpl skills are now so rusty that I have no idea
>how to write a simple program that would go
>through a document and convert the first _ to a
>mdit (for example, or a mdul), the next to a mdnm,
>the next to a mdit, the next to a mdnm, and thus cycle

Don't you think you set yourself up for trouble by trying to simple
alternate the two? What if one or more incident is not found -- the whole
thing gets messed up.
Is there not any other identifier around, such as maybe a line return after
each second incident? Then, everything would be much safer and easier.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo