Re: Making the Transition

** Reply to message from Frank Brownlow
on Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:03:35 -0400

> > Still later, Signature produced a real programming guide, much
> > better organized but impact diluted by coverage of stuff carried
> > over from Xy3+.

You know, this _is_ available as a PDF and also a "live" XyWrite
document, at:
 http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/XPL.ZIP
I renamed it the "XyWrite Programming Language User?s Guide",
but the original title was "Signature Programming Language
User?s Guide", dated January 1992. It was the ONLY true XPL
programming manual published for Xy4-level XPL. And now that I
think further about it, maybe I'm confusing this with Making the
Transition -- it may be that *this* is the book that didn't make
the deadline.

Manuel, what's the publication date (if any) of Making the
Transition? Usually they put a date on the ISBN page...

Maybe I'll make a PDF of Transition someday...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx