Re: Making the Transition

cld@xxxxxxxx wrote:

The booklet's full name is "Signature: Making the Transition". It was, and is, a very
useful summary of the differences between Xy3 and Signature|Xy4 -- although, if memory serves, it
wasn't distributed with Xy4, only with Signature.

Well, that begins to clarify things. I had Signature briefly, didn't
like it, and returned it within the "money back" period. BUT when I
got Xy 4, it too came with something called "Xy 4: Making the
Transition." And that is as I have described it. Now there was,
according to the docs I have, another book in the set, "Installation
and Learning Guide." I THOUGHT I had that over at the paper, but
cannot find it (which doesn't prove anything: things vanish and
reappear in the most irrational way around here). I have also turned
up the "Installation and Learning Guide" to XyWin.
But it seems obvious that it was the Signature Making the Transition book that was really useful. I had hoped that the Xy Making the Transition would be something--and therefore better than nothing--for people trying to upgrade from III to 4. But after looking at it more closely, I have my doubts. Possibly if one incorporated the parts of the CRG that are referenced there? More work than I had anticipated, but we really cannot expect people to upgrade with nothing more than the CG.

Sorry to have gotten people's hopes up.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx