Re: zap eof?

In article <950306150656_40948315@xxxxxxxx>, OkAnnie@xxxxxxxx
wrote:

| Anyone know, does xyWrite itself (any version) offer a way to eradicate its
| invisible end-of-file symbol (presumably ascii 26)? I use a third-party
| utility with an XPL procedure. Does xyW have an inherent better way?

In XyDos 4.0 you can set default 1a=1, which will cause XyWrite
to ignore the end-of-file marker. Then you can search for and delete the
EOF marker manually.

If you change the default on the fly, you first have to close the
file and reopen it to get the new default to take. Being able to
override the EOF marker has proven to be handy on occasion.

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play:
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx
Tokyo, Japan
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx