Re: truncated file--one solution

Apologies. I found a solution by looking back in E-mail I've saved from
this list over the years. (There are, of course, other solutions.)

I was writing in XyWrite 3. XyWrite 4 has a setting (d 1A=1) that
neutralizes EOFs in the middle of a file. So, using Xy4, I simply opened
the maimed Xy3 file in Xy4 after resetting the default; removed the
phantom, reset the default, and saved the open file under a new name.
It's fine, nothing's lost, and now I'll be able to sleep well tonight.

Hope I didn't waste anyone's time.

Carlo

thyrsus@xxxxxxxx