Re: truncated file--one solution

Ah. You answered your own question, but I did not mind replying. And now the
good folk out there have two more reminders of how to do this, which will, as
if by wizardry, be relocated via Carl's search engine at the appropriate
time.

Caballero wrote:

> Apologies. I found a solution by looking back in E-mail I've saved from
> this list over the years. (There are, of course, other solutions.)
>
> I was writing in XyWrite 3. XyWrite 4 has a setting (d 1A=1) that
> neutralizes EOFs in the middle of a file. So, using Xy4, I simply opened
> the maimed Xy3 file in Xy4 after resetting the default; removed the
> phantom, reset the default, and saved the open file under a new name.
> It's fine, nothing's lost, and now I'll be able to sleep well tonight.
>
> Hope I didn't waste anyone's time.
>
> Carlo
>
> thyrsus@xxxxxxxx

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)