Re: XYWin hogs CPU

Yes and Yes.

The cure is TameDOS.
www.tamedos.com

It's cheap, and there's a free trial.
Xy under Tame is a much enhanced experience--it allows a lot of screen improving (as well as CPU saving).

See the Archives for much discussion of Tame.
I don't specifically recall this being raised before with regard to XYWin but I have recently noticed, having just built a quiet PC, that when I run XYWin it acts like a CPU stress test, running pushing the CPU to 100% and pushing up the CPU temperature which sets my fans running faster so that eventually I can hear them again. Is this normal with XYWin and if so, is there any cure?

Paul Breeze

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx