Re: Slightly OT - Vista Directories/DOS Batch

"after a crash"... After what kind of crash? Crash of what?

Total system crash. As in, can do nothing except press restart button.
After such a crash, your previously existing set of Explorer windows is invariably reduced to null. There ought to be a way of recording their last good state and restoring them, as Mac OS invariably and gracefully does.
> explorer /e,c:\usr\07
> explorer /e,W:\users\bil\desktop\hd\usr\07

> However, this batch file doesn't work in Vista...

Works for me, under Vista Ultimate... If this is a

Not on my Home Premium, however.
 so prepend "start" to each of
those lines:

Thank you Robert, that works perfectly.

Now for another question:
suppose, on an NT file system, I know that sector 23029617 is bad. How do I discover what file has been associated with it?