Re: XPL questions

From: Harry Binswanger
> Okay, here's an example of my wildcard problems.

Harry:

Yes, those CHange commands don't work, and, as far as I can see,
cannot be made to work. Time for Plan B.

Since the object is to shield URLs from modification, why not use
the commands designed to do just that: .... First,
replace each instance of "http://; with "http://;. Next,
you'll want to replace the  at the end of each URL with
"". Aha, you say, but that fails due to the same wildcard
problem you encountered with Plan A. True, but now there's a way
around that: modify every  in the file, not just the 's that
terminate URLs! The extra 's are harmless, but the
... pairs that surround the URLs will prevent the very
changes you want to avoid. Important: Insert the NM commands in
eXPanded view, but execute your HTML-related CHange commands in
Draft (WG) view. Toggle back to eXPanded view to remove the NM
commands when you're done. It should work (unless there are NM
commands in the file to begin with)! This is a way around a
repetitive looping procedure that, whether inelegant or not, is
undeniably slow.

Here's a template:

XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
[XP_][TF_];*;[cr|lf][BX_]ch http:// [w<]NM1[w>]http://[Q2_];
*;[cr|lf][BX_]ch [wC] [w<]NM0[w>][wC][Q2_];*;[cr|lf][WG_];*;
[cr|lf];*; [your change commands here][cr|lf][XP_][TF_];*;[cr
|lf][BX_]ch [w<]NM1[w>][Q2_][BX_]ch [w<]NM0[w>][Q2_];*;[cr|
lf][cr|lf]
-nd
XPLeNCODE

Good luck!