Re: Pipe dreams

> I enjoy such discussions, too, very much (you see how I participate in
> them!). I just want to be mindful of the `mind of the list.' If others
> don't mind, I'm glad to keep it going.

Fine. BTW: Rafe has urged me to post to the list part of what I had said
in my private e-mail to him. Behold:

XyWrite 4 for DOS, which I also use, will work fine on 01/01/00,
provided your BIOS does. I.e., the DA and TM (?) functions will work as
designed. The only problem you will encounter is in the DIR listing, in
which the date of the file will show:

01-01-100!

And as I also noted: it seems to me that devising a word processor that
emulates XyWrite when we already have XyWrite reminds me very much of
the Borges story in which a cartographer attempts to draw a map of his
region on a scale of 1:1.

--Lesie--

--
Leslie Bialler