Re: LFN Utilities for Win32

"Martin J. Osborne" wrote:

> I have a program that I've been using for a long time that does all the
> stuff through file deletion, but if you have one I'm sure it is much
> more robust.

Ernie Wallengren had an enhanced DIR pgm. that performed a number of basic file
management functions . . . though intuiting them based on successive letter
keypresses was well outside the scope of its activity. I dunno, maybe it would be
worth trying to get something like that routine into a U2 frame, or even tricking
it out with the sort of updating you describe.

> (I realize that ZTree does a great job with some of these
> tasks, but of course it doesn't interact with XyWrite.)

ZTree lets you designate an outboard editor, which it then calls. I expect this
was originally envisioned for the use of something from the ultra-compact size of a
TED or Tedit, up to something the size of the MS EDIT.Com that has continued to be
provided with Win, at least up through W2K (what I use inside ZTree under Win). If
you tried to run XyDos as your "plug-in" editor that way, I wonder if you would run
into memory or other problems under OS/2 or Win-32. It's not much of an issue for
me, because I normally have both of these programs loaded, separately /
concurrently, and there are other ways to get file contents passed from one to the
other.

Jordan