Re: Re-opening files

Annie:

I'm glad (and flattered) that you found my message about
re-opening files inspiring. I've in turn looked at the program you wrote and
I think it's interesting, although I can't say that I understand
it all.
The idea to use save/gets @1-@9 to store information about the
nine windows is certainly intriguing. If I ever get around to it,
I might implement that into my own quit/restart scheme (but on
the other hand, if it ain't broke. . .). I probably wouldn't ask
for confirmation about overwriting existing contents of @1-@9.
Rather, I'd just store the current set of save/gets first, under
a separate name, and then use @1-@9 for the quit process. Upon
restarting, the process can be reversed: first load the save/get
set that contains the @1-@9 window information and then, after
using the information to restore the files, load the original set
of save/gets.

------
Wolfgang Bechstein

Technical translator            Japanese / English /
German
Sakura, Japan          Tel 81-43-461-5911 Fax
81-43-461-5910
------