Re: Lines in Startup.Int

On 20 Sep 00, at 7:45, Sheldon Factor wrote:

> Try copying your Startup.INT and renaming it to e.g. Startup.BAK then
> editing the copy by removing any items you wish. When you are through
> experimenting just delete the copy Startup.INT and rename the original
> back to Statup.INT.
> In XYWrite 3+ you can have any number of startup files as long as each
> has the extension: .INT. My Startup.INT is a XPL file that offers you the
> option of choosing: AStartup.INT which loads a HP DeskJet printer driver
> in addition to the usual other startup items; BStartup.INT which instead
> loads an Okidata printer driver; and CStartup.INT which loads a setup
> configured to print labels.

Something I have done, and still do, is to have different directories, each
with its own startup.int file. I have a lot of batchfiles which go to those
directories and start XyWrite from there.

So, for example, I might have s directory called LETTERS

The batch file would be something like

cd \letters
editor
quit
exit

The startup.int file in that directory would then set the defaults the way I
want them, and load the letters.sgt file of save/gets.

Keep well,

Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@xxxxxxxx
  Web: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/steve.htm