Re: UNDO

Robert,
I took all your suggestions. Using 6A (IDKEY does jump to it). I'm trying it without TAME.

I'm getting a clearer read on what's wrong (and it's still not working).
On some tries, I see UNDO.CTL in the UD directory. Mostly I don't. So I'm guessing that "access denied" is coming up when it either tries to reference UNDO.CTL, and it isn't there, or it is trying to do something with one of the backup files--I've never gotten any backup files to appear.
Interestingly, just saw an UNDO.CTL appear, then it was deleted! Whatever
is deleting it is the culprit.

I greatly appreciate your help.
--Harry
At any rate, thanks for the 55/6A suggestion--that's much better for me than ScrollLock or the others.
** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on
Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:18:56 -0400

Other good keys to use, in addition to ScrollLock:

        UnDoKeys
XyWrite Key #  ScanCode
-------------  --------
55 Numpad "*"  6A
74 Numpad "-"  6D
78 Numpad "+"  6B

E.g. "UnDoKeys=6A"
then put $T on every occurrence of the selected key # (e.g.
"55=$T") in *every* TABLE. Turn Tame OFF! Use dummy files, not
[UNTITLED] windows, for testing purposes (because UNTITLED
windows require lots of extra handling).

Using new 7/12 frames:
In frame UNDO,REDO after sole occurrence of , insert
"BX remove Q2 ", thus:

...BX remove Q2 >...

then LOADHELP. Restart XyWrite. (I just updated the
ZIPfile, so if you DL the ZIPfile now, this correction is
already there.)

> Must be some Read Only issue.

Maybe. Maybe not. I can't remember the last time I saw "Access
Denied" -- but I suppose if that's the problem, it's much more
likely to happen on the C: drive than any other (because Windows
protects large portions of C: -- I put NOTHING on the C: drive,
I give the whole thing to Windows to do what it wants -- poke a
few key files into system32 for global access, and that's pretty
much it). Look in Windows Explorer (My Computer): is the
Read-Only box checked for C:\XY? is it checked for C:\XY\UD?
What's the value of VA/NV $NW? Are you using a recent U2?
If not, you must.

UnDo works quite well here now. Smooth and unobtrusive, if you
stay away from Shifting keys... when I get the problems with
shift keys resolved, I'll let you know. But for now, no
shifting keys.

R.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx