Re: OT: DOS booting

Sorry for the late response. I was in Pittsburgh at a philosophy conference.

Jordan wrote:
I'm not clear on whether you obtained a separate
FREEDOS from the source,

I think from the source.
could still Exit to DOS and execute various DOS
commands, with NO error.
Exit to DOS? I'm booting to DOS, but no writing to the NTFS C: drive is
possible. And that's what I want to do, in order to copy a downloaded
shell32.dll.
I think an ISO editor of some
kind will be needed, to open up the ISO and
custom-tailor its contents.

Probably too big a task for me.
Unless all you want to do is restore factory defaults,
which undoes everything you had, ever since the
initial plain Windows install.

Sigh. Thanks, Jordan.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx