need a new printer, but how to configure?

After many happy years with my old Panasonic 4420 laser jet, economics compel me to buy a new
printer - replacing it will cost but a fraction of what the parts I need will cost, a friend has
pointed out.

But what, dear Xywriters, do I do about a printer file? I'm considering an Epson C80 inkject, and I
duly consulted the list of printer files in the archive, but I don't see one for this baby. Advice?
I'm most grateful for whatever enlightenment y'all can provide.

Polly